Zabbix server hosts management
This explains how to manage hosts.
→ Configuration >> Hosts
You have to had a host (= machine with a zabbix agent) on the server side in order to monitor it.
1. Go to the Configuration > Hosts > "Create host"
2. Now fill the following details of remote host
- Hostname: Hostname of Remote system
- Visible name: Name to be display in zabbix
- Group: Select the desired group for you host
- You should use Linux at least
- You can create your own groups and classification as well
- Agent interface: Fill the info of Zabbix agent running on host
- Select the IP option instead of DNS. That will avoid some conflicts between FQDN and simple name.
- Status: Select initial status
The name of the hostname must match the real hostname - as return by the `hostname` command !!
3. Set some monitoring templates to apply
Click on the "Templates" tab
To get the list of templates, just type template in the search area.
Don't forget to click the "ADD" button!
- My custom vehco-smartcards includes the Zabbix agent template
- The Linux OS includes the Zabbix agent template. :)
4. Automatic host inventory
- Click on the "host inventory" tab
- Enable the Automatic option.
5. Click "save" at the bottom of the page.