Zabbix server configuration - create hosts group
This explain how to create a new group of hosts and set the discovery default.
Create host group
First of all you need to create a new group for your current appliance.
→ Configuration menu >> Host groups >> Create host group
>> You can import template as dependency.
Discovered hosts default group
You can set the default group of discovered hosts in: Administration >> General >> Other
>> Adjust the Group for discovered hosts
Create new rule
You can create a new Discovery rule using the "create discovery rule" button. Create a Local network rule:
→ Configuration >> Discovery
Then you should have the following settings:
IP range: your network
- ICMP ping
- Zabbix agent
!!! If you use Zabbix agent "system.uname" as unique criteria you might encounter a problem !!!
- Dicovery Zabbix agent will bring back the FQDN of the server
- Template rules are based on the short name of the server
So, with Zabbix agent some template item won't work !!
Set default template
You can set a discovery action to register all Zabbix discovered hosts in a specific template.
→ Configuration >> Actions >> Discovery
Then you can create or edit a discovery rule.
- Tab 1 Action : just put a name, set Enabled and let the default values
- Tab 2 Conditions : let the default options
- Tab 3 Operations : set the default template